Monday, October 2, 2023

October Morning, After Glorious Rain

 





We’ve had a very dry autumn and so this morning’s unexpected rain was such a gift!  How fresh and moist it was as we went about morning chores.  I’m thinking the horses found it a nice sensory experience, too.



It is also the time of year for punk hairstyles, thanks to the Greater Burdock ingenious method of seed dispersal.  Believe it or not, last week I had all the boys tresses free from burrs - that only lasted a day!  So there are many more de-burring sessions for us this autumn and winter.




For a more dedicated ode to burdock season, I’ll post a link to one of my archived entries:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you online while researching the Sorraia, mostly where to find another one. I’ve been blessed to own a 22 year old Sorraia who passed a few months ago. He came from Cabello de Destino. He was special and not like any other horse I’ve ever known. I miss him every day.

Lynne Gerard said...

Thank you, Anonymous, for posting your comment. I have fond memories of Sharon Sheikofsky, from whom we purchased two of our foundation mares. Both Bella and Belina are now 18 years old and doing very well. I’m glad you were able to experience a special relationship with your Sorraia Mustang and wish you all the best in finding another one to partner with.