Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Touching Faraway Places / Poland

Belina, Fada and Altamiro during the summer of 2008


Today I'm going to send reader's to someone else's blog.

Ania Juchnowicz from Poland wrote me an email last month in which she wrote:
" I'm following your story since a long time. Few months ago I started my own website-blog, about positive training of animals. I found that there was no place online that would talk about all animals, not only horses or only dogs, for example...I believe that my readers are curious about this issue not only because it's more effective than aversive solutions, but mostly because it's more humane. So I like to write about the humane approach in general, and to show examples of it. And I believe that wilderness produces the most intelligent and educated animals :)"

Ania asked if she could ask me some questions about the Ravenseyrie Sorraia Mustang Preserve to translate into Polish for use on her website as well as offering the English version.  Explained Ania, 

The website is in Polish, but I have two articles which I was allowed to translate for my website. You can see their English vershions:
 Carolyn Resnick, "Learning from horses":
http://klikerlab.pl/2009/11/21/learning-from-horses/
 Josepha Guilliaume, "Tradition unravelled":
http://klikerlab.pl/2009/12/16/tradition-unravelled/

Ania has a Masters degree in Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and now immerses herself in the study of Media Art.  She has published her first e-book, titled GAMES AT LIBERTY and is an accomplished illustrator.  The book is beautifully crafted and gives an excellent introduction into playing with horses.  

Ania also is adept at posing provocative questions!  To read her "Conversation with Lynne Gerard"  simple click on the title of this interview and you'll virtually travel to Poland.  For those of you who can read Polish, you might like to visit her home page, Klikerlab.


Ania thank you for your interest in Ravenseyrie.  I wish you the best in all your endeavors!



No comments: